From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: Reinhard Tartler <siretart@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [Madwifi-users] Re: madwifi and wpasupplicant with NO or static WEP encryption
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:53:58
1 Just finished dealing with something similar - found the ~x86
2 wpa_supplicant would work with ndiswrapper, whereas x86 would not! -
3 using identical config files. Also found that /etc/conf.d/wireless is
4 not parsed by wpa_supplicant configs (whereas it was with iwconfig), so
5 I had to move the settings to the main net config file before things
6 would work. This is sort of implied in the docs, but I coulnt find it
7 specifically covered. On my other laptop this was not neccessary. I am
8 not sure if its my system(s) thats broken, or the dogs breakfast of
9 files that is the gentoo networking stuff falling prey to its lack of
10 adherence to the KISS rule ...
11
12 Sorry, its always leaves me in a frustrated state of mind when I deal
13 with gentoo networking, wireless in particular ...
14
15 BillK