From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to get vi!?
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:52:30
1 On Monday 25 September 2006 21:52, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 060925 Mick wrote:
3 > > On Monday 25 September 2006 16:53, Timo Boettcher wrote:
4 > >> Even though I am sure the OP meant vim, vim is NOT vi.
5 > >
6 > > How does one get Vi?
7 > > I thought that it comes with any vanilla Linux installation.
8 >
9 > More likely a BSD or IRIX. If you really want olde worlde Vi,
10 > Vim has a setting to make it so, but why would anyone want that ?
11
12 All I can think is that Vim is larger than Vi and on tiny little systems it
13 could make a difference. I am not sure why the OP is looking for Vi.
14 --
15 Regards,
16 Mick