From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bashrc in console
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:50:59
1 On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:34:50 +0100, Hogren wrote:
2
3 > Anybody knows why ~/.bashrc is not running on the first Bash opening ?
6 > Steps to reproduce my problem:
7 >
8 > - I boot up my machine (systemd)
9 >
10 > - I have the login prompt
11 >
12 > - I enter my login, then my password
13 >
14 > - I am in Bash but ~/.bashrc is not sourced. Aliases, $PATH, and other
15 > are not updated.
16 >
17 > - I enter the command "bash" to enter in a subshell. Now I have my new
18 > aliases, $PATH, etc. The ~/.bashrc is sourced.
19
20 From the man page:
21 When an interactive shell that is not a login shell is started, bash
22 reads and executes commands from ~/.bashrc, if that file exists.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Newspaper Ad: Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children.