From: "Sebastián Pedersen" <sebasped@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DPMS not working with fbdev driver on Xorg
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 13:32:35
1 Hi guys,
2
3 Sorry to bother because I'm actually using Arch, but since in the past
4 this list has given to me outstandings solutions, I git a try here.
5
6 I'm having a problem: in Xorg, with the vesa driver the DPMS works just
7 fine, but with the fbdev driver (framebuffer) the screen goes blank but
8 the monitor never enters in powersave mode.
9 And the only configuration that I modify is the video driver in use.
10
11 My main problem is that the vesa driver doens't work very well with my
12 video card, so that's why I use the fbdev driver.
13
14 Any ideas why this happend?
15
16 Many thanks in advance.