From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: memory(gray matter) needs jog-DONE
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:00:23
1 On 10/30/2009 02:12 PM, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > On 10/30/09, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 10/30/2009 10:26 AM, Stroller wrote:
4
5 >>> I know you can convert an ext3 filesystem to ext4. Can you not do the
6 >>> same ext2 -> ext3?
7 >>
8 >> Yes, with the -j flag to tune2fs
9 >
10 > And it doesn't destroy the files? If so, that's good news.
11
12 The man page says you can even do it to a mounted filesystem, but I'd
13 be more comfortable running tune2fs -j from a live CD or similar.
14
15 I haven't actually done this since ext3 became the standard many years
16 ago, but I'm pretty sure I converted unmounted partitions.
17
18 YMMV, naturally, and you might want to sacrifice a live chicken in front
19 of the computer before starting. Couldn't hurt.