From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enlightenment segfaults?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:51:51
1 On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 08:22:04PM -0300, Urs Schuetz wrote:
2 > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Willie Wong wrote:
3 >
4 > > I was away from my computer for one week, and so ran a massive update
5 > > on sunday night. After the update, on Monday morning, I woke up to
6 > > find my xsession ended with a message on the console that said
7 > > something to the effect that Enlightenment segfaulted, because some
8 > > supporting library tries to access memory that it shouldn't be
9 > > accessing.
10 > >
11 > > I dismissed it as enlightenment throwing a hissy fit.
12 > >
13 > > But the same thing happened again this morning. The problem is, I
14 > > don't quite know how to diagnose it. /var/log/Xorg.log only tells me
15 > > it caught sig 11 and will die.
16 > >
17 > > Honestly, I don't think running strace will be the best idea yet, I'd
18 > > like to save it as a last possibility, for the only reason that I
19 > > don't even know how to reproduce the crash. X was up and running
20 > > yesterday for over 14 hours, and enlightenment just crashed in the
21 > > middle of the night.
22 > >
23 > > So: what logs should I check and how should I find out what exactly
24 > > is causing the problem?
25
26 > Disk full?
27 > df -h
30 Uh.. no.
31
32 But I am curious where you got that conclusion...
33
34 W
35 --
36 "Oops, I always forget the purpose of competition is to divide people into
37 winners and losers." -Hobbes being sarcastic
38 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1 day, 23:19
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list