From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] UDP traffic?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:31:06
1 Hi,
2 I was setting up a game for my son using Cedega. The game
3 installed, and successfully went to the net to download and install
4 the updates. However, when we tried to get the Linux game to join a
5 LAN session with the same game running on some Windows machines I got
6 a message about not having a network provider. Since it can get to the
7 Internet to download the updates I know it's not a hard networking
8 failure. What is it?
9
10 In the past I've heard that some of these games use UDP instead of
11 TCP. I was wondering where I configure a Gentoo machine to allow UDP
12 traffic, preferably only on my local network if possible so that I
13 could just see if this was the problem.
14
15 Thanks for any pointers you can provide.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Mark
19 --