From: henkg@××××××××××××××.nl
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /dev/ttyS* linked to /dev/tts/? and vise versa
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:39:03
1 Hello,
2
3 after updating to udev-0.79? my /dev/ttyS0 wasn't working any more, when
4 I looked in /dev I found it was a link to /dev/tts/0. When I did ls
5 -l /dev/tts/0 it was a link to /dev/ttyS0, so that was the reason.
6
7 I don't know anything about creating nodes in /dev, but with a lot of
8 luck, I managed to solve the problem by typing:
9
10 rm /dev/ttyS0
11 mknod /dev/ttyS0 c 1 0
12 reboot
13
14 I now could access /dev/ttyS0 again, but I must admit that I didn't know
15 what I was doing when I created the node.
16
17 - Is there bug in the latest udev rules?
18 - what is the prefered way of solving my problem?
19
20 Thanks for any reply.
21
22 Kind regards,