From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] invalid argument when trying to modprobe nvidia module
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:44:58
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 19:33 on Tuesday 25 January 2011, Peter
2 Humphrey did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Tuesday 25 January 2011 17:05:41 Bill Longman wrote:
5 > > You can *always* compile any package against your choice of kernel.
6 > > Just use "KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/mykerneldir emerge package". It
7 > > doesn't have to be the running kernel or the current kernel.
8 >
9 > We've been through this once.
10
11 Correct me if I'm wrong[1] but wasn't it you who had this problem last time
12 around? Did you ever figure out what the problem really was?
13
14 [1] old age this end = fuzzy memory = get names mixed up sometimes
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com