From: Vitor Hugo Nunes dos Santos <vitorhugo@××××××.io>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] rescue cd for zfs 2.1 or thereabouts
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 09:49:59
1 Use Ubuntu's livecdOn Aug 23, 2021 5:15 AM, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi.  I have been using 5.4 lts kernels for a while, but it seems I
4 > need to change to 5.10 lts -- even Debian is now using 5.10, so it
5 > seems time to do this.
6 >
7 > Now, the problem is that I am using zfs and will not give it up, and
8 > the version I have been using 0.8.6 is no longer supported in 5.10
9 > versions of the kernel.  So, I need a newer version of zfs and a
10 > rescue cd in case I get into trouble.  Sysresc seems to no longer be
11 > compatible withgentoo linux, so what is available?  I could use gentoo
12 > catalyst to make something -- I have done that in the past, but its
13 > quite a bit of work and I would prefer if there were something
14 > available I could use out of the box.
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
17 >
18 > --
19 > Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
20 > How do
21 > you spend it?
22 >
23 >          John Covici wb2una