From: Christopher Granade <cgranade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with libstdc++.
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 04:06:04
1 Earlier, I successfully installed Skype via portage (net-im/skype), but
2 upon attempting to run it get the following text:
3
4 Running artsd found
5 Starting artsd wrapped skype
6 ==========================================
7 Running wrapped Skype failed, trying not-wrapped mode...
8 ==========================================
9
10 Upon further investigation, I narrowed the problem down to an error with
11 my installation of libstdc++:
12
13 $ artsdsp -v --mmap /opt/skype/skype.bin
14 artsdsp: 1.5.2
15 name:
16 command line: /opt/skype/skype.bin
17 threaded: yes
18 ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/kde/3.5/lib/libartsdsp.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD
19 cannot be preloaded: ignored.
20 ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/kde/3.5/lib/libartsc.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD
21 cannot be preloaded: ignored.
22 /opt/skype/skype.bin: error while loading shared libraries:
23 libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
24
25 I then ran revdep-rebuild to try and fix the problem, and it said that
26 that libstdc++.so.5 was broken, and that it would fix it. After
27 revdep-rebuild ran, I went back to run Skype again and got the same
28 error. Running revdep-rebuild a second time resulted in the exact same
29 output. Any ideas? Thanks.
30
31 --Christopher Granade
32 --