From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocking "-systemd"
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 09:25:34
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 11:49:41 -0700 Joseph wrote:
4 > I have in make.conf "USE: ... -systemd"
5 > But gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon wants to pull in systemd-208
6 > so I need to emerge sys-apps/systemd-208-r2 and I have installed "udev" which conflicts with systemd.
7 >
8 > Do I need to unmerge udev and emerge "systemd". I'm not planning on switching to systemd after recent experience. So I was planning on avoiding it but I don't know
9 > if I can.
10
11 You can add openrc-force US flag to your make.conf. This way you will
12 drop systemd dependency, though you may loose some run-time
13 functionality of gnome.
14
15 Other alternative is to add sys-apps/systemd to package.provided,
16 though the effect will be the same as above.
17
18 And you may switch to some other DE/WM of course.
19
20 Best regards,
21 Andrew Savchenko