From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] cross-compiling mosh
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 07:21:14
1 I read about mosh http://mosh.mit.edu/ only yesterday and installed it
2 on some of my systems to get started with it.
3
4 I have a server at a customer which I access through an IPSEC tunnel ...
5 for some reason the openssh-connection somehow stalls and even playing
6 with the IPSEC-params didn't help much ...
7
8 Might have to do with changing my router (right now a pfsense, earlier
9 an ipfire-installation on an ALIX board) .. and the other side is
10 running Cisco ... so ... you know.
11
12 So I am rather curious if mosh could somehow help here.
13
14 Unfortunately there are now binaries for the old SLES 10 that server
15 runs. And the dependencies aren't there right now .. so I wonder if I
16 could pre-compile mosh on my gentoo box ...
17
18 I hesitate to just copy it over and execute it as I am definitely not
19 paid to crash their servers ;-)
20
21 The SLES says:
22
23 # uname -a
24 Linux juno 2.6.16.60-0.66.1-smp #1 SMP Fri May 28 12:10:21 UTC 2010
25 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
26
27 Anything to consider here ... ? possible?
28
29 Thanks!
30
31 Stefan
32
33 ps: anyone using mosh already? Experiences? opinions?