From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network printing
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:45:50
1 On Monday 12 January 2009 20:12:16 Norman Rieß wrote:
2
3 > So here is the screenshot.
4 > http://www.smash-net.org/bilder/cups.png
5 > Notice: loki is the client and asgard is the server connected to the
6 > printer.
7 >
8 > The upper left shell shows the configuration cupsd.conf on the _server_.
9 > You see the "Allow ...." statements in the "Location"-tags. These
10 > statements configure which IP's shall be allowed to print and browse the
11 > configuration-webpage.
12 > In the browser you see the webpage on the server. I am sorry it is in
13 > german, but i guess you will get the point. You see the printer
14 > connected and configured there.
15 > That is all on the serverside.
16 >
17 > Bottom left you see a cat of the client.conf with its only statement,
18 > the cupsserver. You do _not_ configure printers here!
19 > You see the lpstat sees the printer on the server. And you see the gedit
20 > printingdialog sees the printer.
21
22 Thanks. That's exactly what I have. Do you have ldap in your print server's
23 cups USE flags? Or gnutls?
26 Rgds
27 Peter