From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a multi-process browser?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:49:34
1 * zhangweiwu@××××××.com <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I always wonder if I can run firefox multi-process instead of
4 > multi-threads.
5
6 No, it's now discussed for years, but nothing really happened yet.
7 Actually, I doubt that it will ever happen.
8
9 They didnt event get the plugins running in their own process - the
10 major issues known for now about 10 years obviously dont matter ;-o
11
12 I've looked into the issue a while ago, but the whole codebase is
13 that extremly complex and fat that its far too much for doing it
14 by just one person in spare time ;-o
17 cu
18 --
20 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
22 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
23 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
24 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
25 http://patches.metux.de/