From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what goes on with duplicity?
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 11:40:43
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 22 May 2016 02:52:18 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hi. I have been using (on advise from someone here),
6 > > app-backup/duplicity from the rinaldus overlay, but in the latest update
7 > > which I have postponed, gentoo has updated to the same version as the
8 > > overlay, but has chosen to have a mandatory use flag of -azure which
9 > > would cause my backups not to work, as I am updating to azure storage.
10 > > How can I prevent this from happening? The versions are the same, so is
11 > > there a way to mask this off?
12 >
13 > There is no mention of azure in the ebuild, but the postinst message says
14 > you should install any necessary backends separately. I only use it with
15 > SFTP and S3 so have no idea what you need to install (if anything) for
16 > azure support.
17
18 I was concerned that my azure backend would disappear because of the
19 (-azure)* in the use flags, but maybe not.
20 Thanks for the hint.
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici