From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] file collision on net-libs/neon-0.29.3
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:09:25
1 Mick writes:
2
3 > Please remind me what we are supposed to do when we get:
4 >
5 > * Package 'net-libs/neon-0.29.3' NOT merged due to file collisions. If
6 > * necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
7 > * above message.
8
9 You could force installation with FEATURES="-collision-protect -protect-
10 owned" emerge neon. Or emerge -c remove neon first if it is already
11 installed.
12
13 > Checking for file ownership gives me:
14 >
15 > # portageq owners / /usr/bin/neon-config
16 > net-misc/neon-0.29.3
17 > /usr/bin/neon-config
18 >
19 > # portageq owners / /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
20 > net-misc/neon-0.29.3
21 > /usr/include/neon/ne_207.h
22 >
23 > and so on. How come that I cannot install net-misc/neon-0.29.3 due to
24 > file collisions, when it is this package which owns the files in the
25 > first place?
26
27 Strange! So it is installed already? Did you chaneg USE flags, so it gets
28 emerged again? Or did something go wrong when installing it the last time?
29
30 I have no idea, I wouldn't think what you see is possible at all.
31
32 Wonko