From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ripping my hair out with audio over hdmi
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 12:57:26
1 I've googled for days, tried upteen different settings and nearly gone
2 bald and I still cannot get audio over hdmi working on this nVidia ION
3 chipset.
4
5 I've made tiny bits of progress here and there which (reading many many
6 MANY forum posts) should mean it is working, but no.
7
8 Is there anyone here who has managed this? someone who would be willing
9 to go through some things with me and get this working.
10
11 The HDMI output shows up fine in "aplay -l" and "aplay -L", I can use
12 speaker-test or aplay on the card/device with no errors. I've tried
13 muting/unmuting everything in alsamixer (several analog related channels
14 plus 3 s/pdifs).
15
16 Analog audio works without problems but no matter what I try I cannot
17 get HDMI working.
18
19 I would be so grateful if someone could help, I'm literally about to
20 throw it all out of the window thanks to all these smug ubuntu people
21 saying how easy it was to get working :P
22
23 Many thanks
24
25 Matt