From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
Subject: [gentoo-user] fbcondecor_helper howto
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 23:16:53
1 Hi,
2
3 since Google does not spit out anything useful, nor any useful
4 documentation is installed with splashutils, I hope someone here has
5 deeper knowledge of fbcondecor_helper.
6
7 I build my own initrd, based on this
8 http://gentoo-wiki.com/SECURITY_System_Encryption_DM-Crypt_with_LUKS
9
10 I stripped down the init script for my needs and added some
11 functionality not provided there(LVM within the encrypted partition). So
12 far, so good.
13
14 But now I wanted to add a moving progress bar to the splash, and I
15 simply don't know howto achieve this goal.
16
17 I've been able to change the text shown on the status line via this
18 command, stolen from the HowTo:
19 splash_message() {
20 local msg="${1}";
21 BOOT_MSG="${msg}" fbcondecor_helper 2 'repaint'
22 }
23
24 So how do I use fbcondecor_helper to step the progress bar?
25
26 Greetings
27 Sebastian
30 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
31
32 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de