From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 has holes since updating Qt [SOLVED]
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:57:45
1 On Samstag 25 April 2009, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann
3 >
4 > <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Freitag 24 April 2009, Paul Hartman wrote:
6 > >> Hi,
7 > >>
8 > >> I updated Qt earlier today, and rebuilt kdelibs, PyQt4, qt-opengl, and
9 > >> all of my qt-related themes, but apparently I've missed something
10 > >> because there are still "holes": outlines of buttons or windows with
11 > >> no content. The most important of which is the Kicker menu. I can
12 > >> change it to "classic" mode and use it, but when I set it to kicker
13 > >> mode it's just an outline. This happened to me a long time ago and I
14 > >> can't remember what I had to rebuild to fix it. I'm sure I am just
15 > >> missing something easy.
16 > >>
17 > >> Also, is there a command that can scan my system and tell me which
18 > >> programs need to be rebuild after a Qt update? I seem to go through
19 > >> this every time. :)
20 > >>
21 > >> Thanks,
22 > >> Paul
23 > >
24 > > there is a big, fat bug in qt-4.5.1. AFAIK it is fixed in their svn and
25 > > in kde's qt-copy version. You might want to try this versions from the
26 > > qting-edge overlay.
27 >
28 > Dear Volker Armin,
29 >
30 > THANK YOU for this tip. Now that I'm using qt-live-kde set with
31 > qt-copy USE flag, not only did it fix the problem I had with "holes",
32 > but it also fixed performance in nxserver tremendously. KDE apps ever
33 > since KDE4, especially Akregator and Konqueror, used to have CRAZY
34 > redraws, and now they operate perfectly. It's a nice bonus. :)
35 >
36 > Thanks again.
37
38 you are welcome - and thank the guys who work on the overlay - qt-copy always
39 was the best qt for optimal kde experience. Now it is easy to install it ;)