From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LibreOffice problem importing file : solved
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 01:29:23
1 160416 Philip Webb wrote:
2 >> * Check if your user is in the video group
3 > No, it wasn't & of course when I added it, both problems were solved !
4
5 I've checked /etc from my previous machine (now stand-by)
6 & my user was in the video group there, so the question becomes :
7 was 'group' created by the installation process (Stage 3)
8 & defaulted to exclude user from video -- if so, why ? --
9 or did something else overwrite 'group' at some point -- ditto -- ?
13 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
14 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
15 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca