From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't emerge realplayer
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:33:34
1 > Yeah, it stopped me from updating my system
2 > properly, until I put
3 > realplayer into /etc/portage/package.mask (i.e.
4 > prevent realplayer from
5 > ever being installed).
6 >
7 > Never found a proper solution to the problem though,
8 > so Im looking at
9 > this thread with interest.
10
11 Turns out RealPlayer-10.0.6.776-20050915.i586.rpm is
12 not in the same location that emerge looks for it. A
13 search leads to helix but you have to scroll down, way
14 down to find it. Download into /usr/portage/distfiles
15 and re-emerge. Worked for me :)
18 > --
19 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
25 Do You Yahoo!?
26 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
27 http://mail.yahoo.com
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list