From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How the HAL are you supposed to use these files?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:46:27
1 On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 22:54 -0600, Dale wrote:
2 > chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
3
4 what _is_ that?! (Don't tell me, if we ignore it maybe it will go away)
5
6 > > On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 08:29 -0600, Dale wrote:
7
8 > I use Seamonkey 2 right now. You may be able to tell that by that pesky
9 > line at the top. It appears Seamonkey has a roach or two rambling
10 > around in there. Anyway, maybe it is just that the download is making
11 > it slow enough that it just cancels the request when it is busy. I
12 > dunno. I have noticed tho that I don't get emails for a while when I am
13 > downloading something large but if I hit the 'get messages' button, then
14 > I get a lot of messages that appear to be time stamped from a good while
15 > ago.
16 >
17 > Maybe this is just a coincidence or something.
18
19 maybe. It could be that Seamonkey is detecting your network usage
20 somehow, like azureus can, but I would think that emails are "important"
21 and I doubt would be subject to this idea.
22
23 Maybe the timestamps are when the message was "sent" but it took some
24 time to get to you? (happens sometimes). Could also be the senders
25 clock is wrong...
26
27 Otherwise I'd get a can of bug-spray, spray your cat5 and phone cables
28 and see what falls out ;)
33 Tart words make no friends; a spoonful of honey will catch more flies than
34 a gallon of vinegar.
35 -- B. Franklin