From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The return of the dreaded "Cannot run C compiled programs"
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 14:34:41
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > I have a four-core 64-bit Celeron box with 4GB RAM, on which I've just
3 > installed a standard XFCE system on the desktop profile. It all went as
4 > expected, but when I ran an emerge -e world at the end I had two failures:
5 > both glibc and sandbox failed with the error in the subject line.
6 >
7 > It's some years since I last saw this error, and I'm stuck. I've looked
8 > through /etc hoping to find something skew-whiff, and I've compared the
9 > environment with this box's, but nothing stands out.
10 >
11 > Finally, following the hint in the portage output, I ran "FEATURES='-sandbox -
12 > usersandbox' emerge -1 --color n sandbox". It made no discernible difference.
13 >
14 > I've attached the logs etc from sandbox.
15 >
16 > Has anyone a clue?
20 I did some googling on this.  I seem to recall running into this once to
21 but can't recall what I did to fix it.  Sorry, I'm getting older.
22 Anyway, check how /tmp is mounted, or whatever directory you have
23 portage's work directory on.  It seems that sometimes it may not be
24 mounted correctly.  I also found a somewhat recent post on the forums
25 that mentioned disabling the pie USE flag.  I'm assuming that would be
26 for gcc.  Posting link to forum to see if it makes more sense to you.
27
28 If none of that helps, maybe someone else will come along with something
29 else to try.
30
31 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1073552-start-0.html
32