From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating portage, continued
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 07:21:53
1 On Monday, 3 June 2019 23:14:01 BST n952162@×××.de wrote:
2 > Fundamentally, autounmask seems like something I don't want to do, at all.
3 > What happens if I just remove zz-autounmask? What do I have to emerge to
4 > find out?
5
6 @world with --newuse and --pretend.
9 > I currently have:
10 >
11 > $ cat /etc/portage/package.use/zz-autounmask
12 >
13 > >=dev-lang/python-2.7.14-r1:2.7 sqlite
14 > >=sys-libs/zlib-1.2.11-r1 minizip
15 >
16 > And, I thought unmasking was related to keywords - allowing or not allowing
17 > experimental versions ... why is that in /etc/portage/package.use?
18
19 autounmask will deal with USE flags as well as keywording testing versions of
20 packages.
21
22 Portage will ask to autounmask USE flags who may have been affected by a
23 change in an ebuild, or by a change in the default USE flags stipulated by
24 make.profile.
25
26 However, it is up to you as the maintainer of the system to study both USE and
27 keyword changes and decide what their impact might be on your system. Then
28 accept or reject these changes before you proceed with emerge.
31 Regards,
32 Mick