From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sound driver
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:14:02
1 Kathy Wills wrote:
2 > Nick Rout wrote:
5 >> is alsasound in your boot runlevel?
10 > Yes, it is and has been ever since I started using alsa.
11 >
12 Now, weirdly, I am also running a pure udev system, and I do not have
13 this problem (of muted sound), but to get that, rather than using
14 /etc/conf.d/local.start, I have alsasound in both boot and default
15 runlevels.
16
17 That's the only way it seems to work right (possibly because I
18 modularize many of the various alsa components, so they aren't actually
19 loaded when/if alsasound runs at the boot level).
20
21 Dunno, but I must say I prefer that to using /etc/conf.d/local.start.
22
23 HTH,
24
25 Holly