From: Teng Wang <twang.umn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vixie cron
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:57:55
1 hey all,
2
3 Recently, I set up a local news server and want to fetch news by using
4 vixie cron. For security, I want to drop root to news ( only news and
5 root can run fetchnews). So I add one line in crontab by using
6 "crontab -e":
7
8 */5 * * * * news fetchnews
11 Actually, I just follow the examples from previous lines, which are
14 0 * * * * root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.hourly
15 1 3 * * * root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.daily
16 15 4 * * 6 root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.weekly
17 30 5 1 * * root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.monthly
18 */10 * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons &&
19 /usr/sbin/run-crons
20
21 But, vixie seem cannot tell the user name from command, every time it
22 will send me an system email says that root/news command not find.
23
24 Can anybody tell me why it is so? Does vixie support to specify the
25 user who run the command. Thank you.
26
27 If not, is this a small bug in vixie ( when I read
28 /usr/share/doc/vixie*/crontab.bz2, I saw exactly the same configuration)?
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list