From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with dump
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 23:17:02
1 On Sun, Sep 04 2011, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > Allan Gottlieb writes:
4 >
5 >> I noticed that the last two (daily) dumps have been bad (too short,
6 >> unreadable by restore).
7 >>
8 >> I tried to remerge app-arch/dump both 0.4.44-r1 (which I had before)
9 >> and o.4.44. Both failed in the compile phase (details below).
10 >> This seem a little frightening to me. Can someone tell me what has
11 >> happened
12 >
13 > When I try to install it, I get the same problem. I guess somethings in
14 > one of the header files it delivers has been changed in the recent
15 > update of ext2fsprogs-libs from 1.41.14 to 1.42_pre0702. That was two
16 > days ago, so might this be the reason for dump failing in the first place?
17 >
18 > You could try to downgrade ext2fsprogs-libs, but don't unmerge it first,
19 > I think this will break all sorts of things.
20 >
21 > Someone should report a bug... if noone volunteers, I'll do this myself
22 > some time tomorrow.
23 >
24 > Wonko
25
26 Thanks I just submitted 381835. I wasn't sure of the etiquette do did
27 not mention your name in regards to ext2fsprogs-libs.
28
29 I feel much relieved after reading your (extremely prompt) reply.
30 Thank you.
31
32 allan