From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CLI DVD copy?
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 00:49:24
1 On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 03:53:10PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I was considering making a copy of this DVD to keep for bug testing in
4 > the future. I'm wondering how to make a copy of a DVD movie at the
5 > command line? All the things I'm finding in Google point to dvd::rip
6 > or other GUI apps. I tried a simple dd copy, ala
7 >
8 > dd if=/dev/dvd of=Movie.iso
9
10 vobcopy comes to mind. And if that fails also, you could try ddrescue and then
11 perhaps vobcopy on the created copy.
12 --
13 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
14 I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
15
16 I’m not bothered by dreaming in English.
17 What pisses me off are the subtitles.