From: "Budd
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] upgraded video card, nvidia drivers no longer work
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:29:25
1 removed wfb, xtrap, record. Still didn't work.
2 No nvidiafb in kernel.
3 Is nvnews a lists.gentoo.org list?
4 Thank you.
5 -Tracy
8 -----Original Message-----
9 From: Volker Armin Hemmann [mailto:volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de]
10 Sent: Sun 7/27/2008 4:57 AM
11 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgraded video card, nvidia drivers no longer work
13
14 On Samstag, 26. Juli 2008, Budd, Tracy wrote:
15 > xorg.conf below. Note that driver changed to nv in order to run X.
16 > If I try to use "nvidia" I get a blank screen and the machine locks.
17 > I checked the Xorg.0.log file and the machine seems to have died before it
18 > wrote anything. Suggestions appreciated.
19 > -Tracy
20 >
21 > Section "ServerLayout"
22 > Identifier "X.org Configured"
23 > Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
24 > InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
25 > InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
26 > EndSection
27 >
28 > Section "Files"
29 > RgbPath "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
30 > ModulePath "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
31 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
32 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
33 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/OTF"
34 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
35 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
36 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
37 > EndSection
38 >
39 > Section "Module"
40 > Load "glx"
41 > Load "extmod"
42 > Load "dbe"
43 > Load "record"
44 > Load "GLcore"
45 > Load "xtrap"
46 > #Load "dri"
47 > Load "wfb"
48 > Load "freetype"
49 > Load "type1"
50 > EndSection
51
52 I suggest removing wfb, xtrap, record. I also suggest checking that you don't
53 have nvidia fb in the kernel. I also suggest that you run nvidia-bug-report.sh
54 and go to nvnews - more people with more experience on nvidia problems there -
55 including devs.