From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python vs C++ [was: Gentoo Rules]
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:22:51
1 On Sunday 16 December 2007 22:04:52 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 > > In this case it's not really significant. The biggest performance hit for
4 > > a package manager for Gentoo remains I/O no matter which language you
5 > > use...
6 >
7 > Yeah, you are right - although there is one step of an emerge that seems
8 > to hit my P3 hard: right after it reads the data from disk to determine
9 > dependencies, it goes 100% CPU for a few seconds.  Just think, we could
10 > save a few seconds! ;)  But seriously, I totally think Python is the
11 > tool for the package manager job - I was just trying to outline when you
12 > might choose C++ over python...
13
14 Heh, I don't think Python is the right choice. Performance just isn't the
15 reason. ;)
18 Bo Andresen