From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Rooted/compromised Gentoo, seeking advice
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 19:08:34
1 On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM, 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 08/09/10 12:25, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 > []
4 >> If anyone has advice on what I should look at forensically to
5 >> determine the cause of this, it is appreciated. I'll first dig into
6 >> the logs, bash history etc. and really hope that this very happened
7 >> recently.
8 >>
9 >> Thanks for any tips and wish me good luck. :)
10 >
11 > AntiVir (Avira) anti-malware scanner has hundreds of Linux rootkit/virus
12 > signatures; you might scan your box with that. It has an on-access,
13 > realtime monitor option as well, which I use it to monitor anything
14 > downloaded and or compiled on my box (in case the distribution screen
15 > gets hacked).
16 >
17 > <http://www.free-av.com/en/download/download_servers.php>
18 >
19 > Presuming you're rooted, you might first try their stand-alone, linux
20 > live-disk scanner so as to avoid borked kernel and/or core utilities:
21 >
22 > <http://www.free-av.com/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html>
23
24 Was not aware of that one, I'll give it a try. Thanks.