From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - openssh and ldap
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:38:22
1 I rebooted my server box this morning. On a few of the output lines
2 during bootup (noteably sshd and mysqld) it said "Could not connect to
3 LDAP server" (or something like that). To my knowledge, I don't have an
4 ldap server installed on my server box. Ssh from client machines is
5 extremely slow to connect. I checked eix -SS ldap and the only ldap
6 package I have installed on the server box is openldap. I
7 checked /etc/make.conf to ensure that ldap was not listed as a USE flag,
8 and then typed "emerge -pv openssh" Here's the output:
9
10 bullet etc # emerge -av openssh
11
12 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
13
14 Calculating dependencies ...done!
15 [ebuild R ] net-misc/openssh-4.3_p2-r1 -X509 -chroot -hpn -ipv6
16 +kerberos +ldap -libedit +pam (-selinux) -sftplogging -skey -smartcard
17 -static +tcpd 0 kB
18
19 Is there any danger in me adding "net-misc/openssh -ldap"
20 to /etc/portage/package.use? Will it speed up the connection process?
21 It was never a problem until today...
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list