From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LXDE startup error
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 06:17:56
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday 17 Mar 2017 09:49:14 Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> I don't have a fix for you, but from the errors it seems pam is not happy.
5 >> Display Managers and various services install pam modules in /etc/pam.d/
6 >> to manage user authentication. It seems something is amiss there, or
7 >> some kind of conflict between gnome-keyring and LXDE.
8 >
9 > Yes, I see that. I also see a lot of stuff that may be causing it. I deleted
10 > .cache/lxsessions/LXDE/run.log, ran startx and immediately logged out, and
11 > this is what I found (sorry, it's 110 lines):
12 >
13 > $ cat run.log
14 ....
15 >
17 >
18 > So it looks as though something hasn't been installed right. I'm running an
19 > emerge -e world at the moment to see if I can pick something up from it.
22 I don't see anything strange in your log; LXDE should start even without
23 notification-deamon installed.
24 Is there anything strange in /var/log/X.org.0.log?
25 "ran startx and immediately logged out": do you use a login manager?
26
27 raffaele