From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrade query
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:03:47
1 On Thursday 21 July 2011 10:01:10 jdm@××××××××××××.uk wrote:
2 > A little advice please? I am about to build a new box going from athlon dual
3 > core to phenom six core. Including new sata drives and motherboard. I was
4 > going to clone all my partitions and the re emerged all packages with march
5 > native
6
7 > Firstly would you reccommend cloning and if so what is best technology?
8 >
9 > Second is a complete reinstall a better option or safer?
12 are you using ACLs?
13
14 if not a good old cp -auv is sufficient.
15
16 But.. why clone the system? This is a good chance to get rid of cruft and
17 forgotten packages. A clean installation (and copied /etc) might not be a bad
18 choice.
21 #163933