From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:00:13
1 On Friday 06 February 2009 14:36:12 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > except that info is horrible. I hate info. If you don't know exactly what
3 > you are looking for, you are lost. And you can never sure in which part
4 > they hid the information you are looking for. Oh - and  the navigation? A
5 > nightmare.
6 >
7 > I prefer man. Even huge manpages. You can easily search them and if you
8 > don't know what you are looking for you can glanze them over quickly.
9
10 The kde ioslave for info makes this somewhat tolerable. At least you move
11 around in a webpage-like environment that feels familiar.
14 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com