From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem(s)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:33:25
2 > With baselayout2 and openrc, you need to explicitly put lvm into the boot
3
4 Wow! I didn't even realize lvm was in init.d. There's nothing in the
5 doc about it. So I went ahead and added to the boot-level and
6 rebooted.
7
8 Same as before with (looks like) one addition:
9 ...
10 *The lvm init-script is written for baselayout-2!
11 [!!]
12 *Please do not use it with baselayout-1!
13
14 So I removed lvm from boot level and just did a static /etc/init.d/lvm
15 start and got the exact msg as above.
16
17 ...
18
19 How did I only get baselayout-1? I used the latest tarballs. And what
20 init-script should I use?
21
22 FWIW only one device, the SD card, can't be found and it is listed
23 about 20 times in the boot console before the LVM gives up.
24
25 Hold on, here's /etc/conf.d/lvm:
26
27 #LVM should normally only be started after mdraid is available
28 #this is because LVM physical volumes are very often MD devices
29 RC_AFTER="mdraid"
30
31 #vim: ft=gentoo-conf-d
32
33 Well, I don't have mdraid, as far as I know. I'll just comment out
34 that line and see where it leads.
35
36 mw