From: "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild now very very fast
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:35:14
1 on 07/19/2008 02:28 AM Volker Armin Hemmann said the following:
2 > On Samstag, 19. Juli 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> revdep-rebuild now runs amazingly fast on my machine - 18 seconds as
6 >> opposed to the 5 minutes or so it used to take !
7 >>
8 >> I see gentoolkit was updated recently. Is this expected behaviour?
11 > or you are a victim of that new preserved-libs stuff in portage ....
12
13 s/victim/beneficiary/
14
15 "That preserved-lib stuff" has worked just fine for me. It's useful to
16 know what needs to be rebuilt, then to be able to rebuild just those
17 packages.
18
19 --- Vladimir
22 Vladimir G. Ivanovic