From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Umlaut trouble in filenames
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:42:33
1 On Freitag 19 Juni 2009, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann writes:
3 > > On Donnerstag 18 Juni 2009, Alex Schuster wrote:
4 > > > I have LANG=de_DE.utf8@euro set now, before it was unset. Those umlaut
5 > >
6 > > btw
7 > > use either de_DE@euro or de_DE.UTF8
8 >
9 > Oh, thanks.
10 >
11 > I got this setting from the gentoo localization guide (the google cache
12 > still shows that version), which now suggests using LANG="de_DE.UTF-8
13 > UTF-8" - any idea why the second UTF-8 would be necessary? It's described
14 > in the german version only. I have it set to de_DE.UTF8 now.
15 >
16 > Wonko
17
18 nope, I have:
19
20 de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8
21 de_DE ISO-8859-1
22 de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15
23
24 in locale.gen
25 and
26 LANG=de_DE@euro
27 LANGUAGE=de_DE@euro
28 LC_ALL=de_DE@euro
29
30 set.
31
32 which works well. utf gave me trouble in the past, so I shelfed that idea a
33 long time ago.