From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trying kde "no support for hal"??
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:02:55
1 On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 08:18 +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 >
4 > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the combined idea of hal, dbus, udev
5 > > and "auto mounting" that you don't need entries in fstab?
6 >
7 > Yes, you're right. You don't need to manually add entries
8 > to fstab. udev/hal will do that on the fly for you.
9 >
10 > And with Gnome, this works perfectly fine for me.
11
12 Yes, it worked for me in Gnome too (after a few updates of udev). But
13 I'm trying kde for a bit.
14
15 I still get nothing happening when I insert removable media.
16
17 I have dbus and hal installed and started. I have kdebase installed, so
18 kioslaves is already part of it.
19
20 I still get the message "no support for HAL on this system" in the
21 peripherals > storage media setup.
22
23 any more ideas?
24
25 many thanks,
26 --
27 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
28
29 There but for the grace of God, goes God.
30 -- Winston Churchill, speaking of Sir Stafford Cripps.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list