From: jarry@×××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DDNS Problem
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:07:22
1 "Hiren Dave" <hiren2k4@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I am facing problems in configuring DDNS with dhcpd. When i'm rebooting
4 > linux machine, it is getting dynamically ip address from linux server but
5 > no dynamic dns updates are there.
6
7 I think you must allow dynamic updates by "allow-update" or "update-policy"
8 in bind's zone-files...
9
10 And one more thing: for every ip from your dyn-ip pool I would
11 set very short ttl/expire in your zone-files. Otherwise caching-clients
12 would get know too late, that there was a change in ip/dn assignment...
13
14 Jarry
17 Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft für 0,- Euro*!
18 "Feel free" mit GMX DSL! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list