From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's with the stability pact?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:39:33
1 2011/9/29 Niccolò Belli <darkbasic@××××××××××××.it>:
2 > Il 29/09/2011 20:56, Michael Orlitzky ha scritto:
3 >>
4 >> Firefox (>= 4) and the kernel (>= 3) are special cases, already
5 >> explained by Michael Mol.
6 >
7 > I know of the problems with 3.x kernels, but what's the problem with
8 > firefox?
9
10 Upstream underwent a massive shift in their release pattern which
11 results in a great deal more work for anyone who needs to vet the
12 software before it gets redistributed. The ebuild maintainer hasn't
13 rolled with that, at least not yet. No idea whether he/she will or
14 won't. Not something I know the particulars of.
17 :wq