From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] During installation says disk full
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:09:08
1 Ognjen Bezanov wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to install gentoo on my system, but during the emerge --sync
5 > part, it fails saying no space on disk.
6 >
7 > trying to create files or folders results in "No space left on device"
8 > error message.
9 >
10 > checking with "df -h" tells me that 643Mb is free on the disk itself.
11 >
12 > The disk is a single ext3 partition mounted as root "/ " .
13 >
14 > Why is it telling me that I have 643Mb on the disk free while I am
15 > unable to create files and folders due to lack of disk space.
18 > Any help appreciated.
21 You are probably unable to allocate new files because you have run out of free inodes. You can increase the number of inodes when you create a filesystem with mke2fs.
22
23 dumpe2fs -h /dev/hda3 | grep inodes
24
25 Zac