From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Trying to make portage use "puf" instead of "wget"
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 21:37:01
1 On 12/18/2009 1:38 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 12/18/2009 05:40 PM, Ronan Mainbourg wrote:
3 >> Because my Internet connection is not very fast, I'd like to make
4 >> portage fetch files using net-misc/puf (wich can dl several chunks of a
5 >> file at the same time) instead of wget.
6 > You got it backwards. Downloading more than one chunk at the same
7 > time is only useful on *fast* connections, not *slow* ones.
8 I hate to say it but he is correct...puf won't do you any good unless
9 the speed at which to file is being downloaded is less than the maximum
10 speed for your net connection :(
11
12 Marcus