From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world update wants to downgrade genoo-sources
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 16:47:50
1 On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/11/2014 12:27 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >>
4 >> That's an awfully complicated command to see what's in the tree.
5 >>
6 >> Do you know about eix?
7 >>
8 >> "eix gentoo-sources" immediately shows you that the only stable version
9 >> is 3.14.14 which is why portage is merging it. The fact that it's a new
10 >> slot lower5 than something you had - that is incidental
14 > There's also eshowkw from the app-portage/gentoolkit package, which he
15 > may have installed already.
16 >
17 > Dan
20 Thanks for the tip. I was aware of eix, but didn't have it installed,
21 or used it until after Alan suggested it.
22
23 I do have app-portage/gentoolkit installed, but wasn't aware of nor
24 ever used eshowkw. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll look into it.
25
26 The grep command line I used my original email seemed to fit the bill
27 at the time given the statements I made above.