From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual booting with Windows 10
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 18:51:46
1 On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 3:20 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 14 September 2017 05:09:14 BST R0b0t1 wrote:
3 >
4 >> The trickiest part is still the same - going from GRUB or, now, your
5 >> EFI shell, to Window's bootloader. See here:
6 >> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB#Chainloading_Windows.2FLinux_ins
7 >> talled_in_UEFI_mode.
8 >
9 > That advice, though helpful, is about Grub, which isn't installed on this
10 > box. I did try at first to get it to work here, but failed, so I removed it
11 > and went for bootctl. It's a fiddle to keep up to date with kernel upgrades,
12 > but at least it works.
15 In that case it seems like systemd-boot will check for the Windows
16 loader and add it to its menu automatically
17 (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/systemd-boot#Adding_boot_entries).
18 As above, you may need to reinstall it if the Windows bootloader
19 installs itself on top of systemd-boot.
20
21 I originally thought you were just booting an EFI stub kernel, in
22 which case you would have needed some kind of boot manager.