From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] change raid device for existing array
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:24:49
1 I have an existing software raid1 array of two disks, /dev/sda2 and
2 /dev/sdb2, which has always been /dev/md0 until now. In the same way
3 there is another device (/dev/md1) also raid1 for /dev/sda6 and /dev/sdb6.
4 I want to repartition the disks, without booting from livecd, so I will
5 do it a disk at a time. I just used mdadm to set /dev/sdb2 as faulty
6 (and the same for /dev/sdb6), so as to free the whole /dev/sdb disk, and
7 repartitioned it. Rebooted for the kernel to see the new partitions on
8 /dev/sdb, and now I want to assign a new /dev/md0 using a new partition
9 on the /dev/sdb drive. But /dev/md0 is already taken from the still
10 active (old) system. I know I could use another md device like
11 /dev/md3, but at the end, I would like to have the md devices start from
12 md0 as before.
13
14 So the Q is: How should I proceed to switch /dev/md0 to a new set of
15 devices ?
16 (hope I made myself clear ;-)
17 --
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list