From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Calendar applications
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 03:57:18
1 On 30/12/2010, at 11:22pm, Zeerak Mustafa Waseem wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I'm looking for a lightweight calendar application that can do the following things:
4 >
5 > Event handling (preferrably also a support for recurring events)
6 > Notification of events
7 > Handle several calendars at once (as in showing all calendars in one view and preferrably colour coded)
8 > Import of other calendars (iCal)
9 >
10 > I've been looking for an application that matches this but I can't seem to find any.
11
12 Hi there,
13
14 I'm not being argumentative here, just curious: in what way doesn't Sunbird meet these requirements?
15
16 I'm more interested in calendaring servers (and unfortunately the choice of those is pretty dire) and using Apple iCal on MacOS as a front-end, but those sound like really basic requirements, and I'm surprised that any calendar doesn't meet them. iCal certainly meets them all (even with basic local storage), although I appreciate that's not much help to you.
17
18 Stroller.