From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gigabyte mobo latency
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 19:27:25
1 141018 James wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin <at> googlemail.com> writes:
3 >> Some websites load & run MB of javascript which bogs down everything.
4 >> Nothing you can do about that except turning of js.
5 > Well, that was it on the performance (typing latency).
6 > I had to diable javascript, terminate + save and restart Seamonkey.
7 > Obviously, there are too many things I need that use javascript,
8 > so I re-enabled javascript and terminated (a second time, with a save)
9 > the seamonkey app and start it again (now again with javascript enabled).
10
11 Perhaps you could use Lynx for those items which don't need JS
12 & reserve Firefox for those which do.
13
14 --
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca