From: Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -uD @system with lots of blocks!
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 15:15:31
1 I tried, and I get still blocks, independently which
2 PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET I make use of!
3
4 http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=hVLKC1J5
5
6 Any ideas ?!
7
8 Tamer
9
10 On 01/09/14 13:34, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
11 > On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 01:01:28PM +0100, Tamer Higazi wrote:
12 >> I want to update the system and then world, but still have a lots
13 >> of blocks and don't know how to solve that.
14 >>
15 >> emerge error output: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=XTKQHUjk
16 >>
17 >> On the gentoo forums nobody could help me.
18 >>
19 >> Perhaps here any ideas ?!
20 >
21 > Hi,
22 >
23 > try updating system and world at the same time. You have packages
24 > in system on which other packages in world depend. Try emerge
25 > -uvDNa @system @world If that doesn't help add backtrack as stated
26 > in the error: emerge -uvDNa @system @world --backtrack=30
27 >
28 > Most likely this will solve your issues. If not you could unmerge
29 > blocking packages but imho that's not a neat way. I'd rather emerge
30 > some selected packages manually (gobject-introspection and vala
31 > would be good candidates in your case) [use -v1 or you'll end up
32 > with a horribly cluttered world file]. If that doesn't work either
33 > it may be possible that there is no working upgrade path due to a
34 > too large version difference. In that case you could try to emerge
35 > intermediate versions manually (emerge -v1 =<atom>-<version>)...
36 >
37 > WKR Hinnerk
38 >